Friday, November 30, 2007

Texas Thanksgiving, Greenburg, Bodacious, Whataburger and All.

This blog took long enough, huh?

We went to Texas for Thanksgiving to see Jim's Grandparents. Which means Reagan had her first plane ride. I don't think she even noticed! We stayed in Denver the night before our flight because we heard a snowstorm was coming. Was it ever! It took them about an hour to de-ice our plane...a process which seems like it should only take about 15-20 minutes. Hopefully all the people with connecting flights made it home in time for Thanksgiving.

Here is our family portrait from the plane (thanks Mikey...or was it Julie??)

We ate our way through Texas, making sure not to miss the traditional favorites. Of course, there was Greenburg at the Lamb's. I decided that from now on, I'll be eating mine with barbecue sauce, pickles and onions. We got to go to Donna and Gary's (Jim's aunt and uncle) for authentic Tamales...a new tradition. And, as is usual, we stopped at Bodacious for lunch on Black Friday. We even went shopping, but to Jim's delight, I bought nothing. And you better believe we didn't miss the Whataburger on our way out of town. For the record, I'm not crazy about Whataburger. To me, it doesn't beat a Carl's Jr. Famous Star with cheese. And their onion rings don't even come close. Rather, it's the tradition of being in Texas and eating Whataburger that excites me. Strangely, it makes the trip feel complete. I suppose it's hearing all the stories about Jim and Julie having to stop there when they were kids, and hearing Julie and Debbie call it "Waterburger".

We had a great Thanksgiving (3 to be exact), and it was great to see everyone!

Here we are with the Lambs

And the Reeds.

Thanks to everyone who fed us! :) Hope your Thanksgivings were equally delicious.

And, for those of you who are wondering, Reagan is now crawling forward!!! She army crawled for the first time to her Aunt Julie. She will take a couple of "real crawling" strides forward and then she realizes she can get there easier by army crawling. Her new target: Scout. If only she were quick enough.

Yesterday she pulled herself up to stand. Her favorite way to try to get somewhere is
on her hands and feet. So...how long until Reagan walks??

0 comments: