Tuesday, September 30, 2008

An Unprovoked Word (YES!)

Today I took Reagan to Target because I needed a new hair dryer.

I was looking in the toy isle for ideas for Christmas presents for Reagan (by the way, if you're an inquiring mind, she needs clothes in size 2 and 3T, and just about any toy from just about any toy isle marked for ages 2 and up. If it is a "Parents" brand, that's an extra bonus...they're my fav).

Reagan spotted one of her favorite things in the world... a ball. I wasn't sold on buying it for her, but when I saw that it was only $2.99 I decided to go for it. I let her play with it in the cart until we got to the register. When we got there, I managed to give it to the checker without Reagan noticing. He scanned and bagged it, I paid, and we left.

As we were headed towards the door, Reagan stood up in the cart (I was letting her ride in the big part) and started to whimper. I asked her what was wrong and she looked right at me and said "Ball?" with her lower lip stuck out. I explained to her that it would be ok, and that I'd give it to her when we got in the car.

She said ball all the way home. I was ecstatic! Let the talking begin.

0 comments: