So Amanda says I need to contribute to the blog, so here goes. We went to Buena Vista last weekend to visit all of the Lamb family. Since we were up there, Reagan, Bill, Debbie, and I decided we should go see the Leadville Trail 100 mountain bike race. We met Mikey and Julie at the race course on the Twin Lakes dam.
There was some nice scenery, but we really came to see if Lance Armstrong could make up for his second place finish in this race last year.
He was at least 10 minutes ahead at this point; we didn't even see the second place rider before we left Twin Lakes for the next spectating point.
Julie heard that the best place to watch the riders in this race was on the power line hill, because they go slow enough that you can actually see them up close. Here's Lance on power line:
For once, it actually looks like it's hard for him... It was really cool to be able to get this close to a seven time Tour de France champion.
The race finishes in downtown Leadville. There were thousands of people in town to see Armstrong. He finished the race on a flat rear tire...










1 comments:
Nice job with the post, Jim! I heard about Lance's win after the fact so thanks for letting me see some pics of the event. I can't believe how close you guys got!
Post a Comment