Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Butterfly Pavilion with Leslie and Jeremy









































Before Jim left, I had made plans for us to go up to Denver to see my friend Leslie and her boyfriend Jeremy, and go to the Butterfly Pavilion with them. I have been wanting to go to this place for quite some time...and I'm so glad I went! It made our first day with Jim gone go by very quickly, and Reagan loved seeing all the butterflies.














The Pavilion is a very neat place, and if you live here and haven't been, I recommend it! It's not horribly expensive, and it's a wonderful way to spend the afternoon. I was especially excited about how warm it was where the butterflies were. To quote Leslie, it felt like Costa Rica (except that I don't know what it feels like in Costa Rica because I haven't been, but I trust her.) In addition to the butterflies, there are some other fun things for kids, including a "hands on" water room, where kids can learn about and feel some neat sea creatures. There is also a room with scorpions, cockroaches, and other creepie crawlies that gave me the heebie-jeebies the entire time I was in the room. Shivers down my spine just thinking about it... Overall, I was super pleased with the Pavillion. It's certainly doesn't compare to the wonderful aquarium we saw here as far as fish go, but it's pretty cool considering Colorado is a landlocked state. And I've never seen a cooler place for butterflies!


At one point, when we were walking around and Reagan was hitching a ride in the stroller, a big butterfly landed right on her foot. She paniced a little, but told her I'd help her get it off if I could get a picture. She obliged, and I got just the shot I was hoping for!


Considering that Breckin was WAY off his little schedule, and that Reagan was about an hour and a half late for her nap, they were very well behaved. They crashed hard in the car on the way home.


Reagan asked (for the millionth time) tonight if she could take a bath with Breckin. Breckin had, up until tonight, been in his infant sink bath, and we would just use it in the tub. It was fine, except that Reagan really wanted to take a bath with Breckin, but she couldn't. Jim reminded me the other night that we had a second baby tub. I knew it had the sitting support that I want, but I didn't know how to get it to work. I had tried when Reagan was a baby, and couldn't figure it out. I am proud to report though, that tonight, they got to take a bath together. I guess I'm a professional mom now...I can figure out even the toughest of gagets!

1 comments:

Jim said...

Looks like you guys had a good time. Thanks for putting up the pictures. I miss you guys. Love you, wife.